Thursday, September 2, 2010




I chose this piece about the some of the technologies being implemented in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill clean up. I try to follow the updates on the spill mainly because my family goes to the gulf almost every summer for family vacation and with the oil spill my dad decided this year that it wasn't the place to be. The spill really hit home for me even though I live so far away from the gulf, I still feel that it was right in my backyard. I hate seeing all of the wildlife being destroyed because someone wanted cheaper oil. I agree that we need to find some way of lessening our involvement in foreign oil but there has to be some boundaries. Causing the greatest natural disaster in United States history is far outside what I would consider reasonable boundaries. As my old basketball coach used to say, "Find a way to win, and win fair." Killing wildlife isn't fair. So BP just find a way to win and do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment