Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chevrolet Paying It All Back




Chevrolet, as a part of General Motors, as everyone knows, took a government loan a couple of summers ago to try to get the American auto industry back on its feet, mainly GM. They say that they are working hard to pay the taxpayers back but I'm not sure if they are. After working at a Chevy dealership during the whole filing bankruptcy thing I think it didn't help anything. We had terrible sales before and only slightly better sales after. (I worked at one of the number one grossing Chevy dealers in the Midwest, Kenny Kent Chevrolet.) One of the only reasons sales went up at all after the bailout was because of crazy incentives that sold new cars under invoice making little to no money for Chevy. But they are working hard to pay back taxpayers that bailed them out of bankruptcy?? How does that work? Anyway, they need to do more in terms of paying back society. I think that they are on the right track with the release of the Volt and I know that since I left Kenny Kent sales have been slowly but steadily improving. Good luck Chevy/GM, we're waiting on what was promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment